26 Feb 2015Version 2.7.1291
- Added dynamic path "%Temp%"
24 Dec 2014Version 2.7.1289
- Packaging operation considerably accelerated.
- Default virtualization mode is now Disk, rather than RAM.
- Default compression algorithm is now Snappy, rather than BZIP.
- Introducing new parameter: Packager.exe -CreateNew:appid pkg.exe.
12 Nov 2014Version 2.7.1277
- Fixed an issue with the edition of old packages.
- Rare Open File dialog crash on Win 8.1 / 2012.
- Support for virtual apps on Citrix 6.5.
- Introducing new parameter: Packager.exe -CreateNew:appid pkg.exe.
26 Sep 2014Version 2.7 (2.7.1249)
- Added encryption capability.
1 Jul 2014Build 2.6.1219
- Bugfix: rare bug in file compression routines.
- Bugfix: -Repackage commnd line was broken (was adding to the package non-extracted files as empty, marked with DELETED).
- New command line: -ExportAllProperties
- New command line: -AddSandbox
- Support for wildcard recursive isolation rules, such as: "UNC\SERVER\SHARE\*.PDB"
- Bugfix: expiration after X days did not work well for time zones before than UTC.
- Bugfix: no longer sandboxing empty drive letters (i.e. "T_") for non-existing drives.
- Bugfix: shortcuts integration pointed icons to BaseDirName\Icons\.. instead of BaseDirName\PROG\Icons\.. thus resulting in all icons being the same pkg EXE icon.
- Bugfix: packager snapshot crash on some non-standard executables (Perfect Effects 8.exe).
- Bugfix: Active Directory offline days allowance was causing Active Directory changes to be ignored (cached).
- Bugfix: Citrix mapped drives are now seen as network drives, hence applying sandboxing rules for UNC drives on them.
16 Feb 2014Build 2.6.1191
- Package upgrade (from version X to Y of the same application) now performs safe merging of registry values, keeping user settings while updating application's values.
- Default compression algorithm is now BZIP2, yielding smaller packages.
- Fixed a bug with environment variables simulation.
- Fixed a bug with drag & drop engine upgrade.
- Clearer information when using the -info command.
24 Jan 2014Version 2.6
- Active Directory targetting for virtual apps (licensed only).
- RepoSync: deploy apps to all / selected network users from a central shared folder (licensed only).
- BZIP2 compression: packages are now smaller.
- Improved app-in-use updating capability.
- New variable for creating sandboxing rules specific to removable drives: %RemovableDrives%
- Environment variables are now packaged as part of the app, automatically.
- Package settings import / export: clone package settings and behaviors (licensed only).
- Default package settings: apply default settings and behaviors to new packages created by the Cameyo Packager.
- New app parameter: -RemoveSelf: removes app (just like -Remove), but also the executable itself.
- New app parameter: -ForceMenu: forces app start menu.
- App start menu: "AutoLaunchAlwaysAllowed" property, for hiding the "Always allow" checkbox.
17 Oct 2013Version 2.5
- Fast! Faster application runtime, file and registry access, first deployment. Faster package editing.
- New RAM virtualization mode: virtual apps run directly from memory, with no disk pre-extraction. DISK virtualization mode still available.
- Application files stored separately from application’s changes: optimized for network / cloud data synchronization. Also allows sharing one single package for different user sessions on terminal servers (extended configuration in Enterprise edition).
- New isolation mode: Strictly Isolated, hiding from the virtual application some specific folders and registry keys areas on the host system, to improve compatibility.
- Font virtualization.
- Support for huge packages (> 2GB).
- Option for separating application data from executable (.DAT).
- More command-lines and properties for more flexibility.
Enterprise / Developer editions:
- Auto-update: implement your own auto-updates for virtual packages.
- Package password lockdown: prevent anyone other than you from editing virtual packages.
- Command-line XML package builder.
- Export package blueprints (templates).
- Easier, more powerful scripting.
- New expiration mode.
- EULA license display.
26 May 2013Version 2.0.890 (maintenance version)
- Fixed compatibility issue with WinDFS mapped drives on Windows XP.
- Fixed a rare shortcuts integration crash.
- Fixed a rare Windows 8 issue in DLL virtualization.
- Packager can now exclude file names (not just directory names).
12 Mar 2013Version 2.0.882 (maintenance version)
- Introducing packager automation capability (more info).
- Fixed a compatibility issue with Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.
2 Feb 2013Version 2.0.873 (maintenance version)
- Improved Windows 8 support.
- Automatically notifies about new Cameyo versions.
- New languages.
14 Jun 2012Version 2.0
- New UI for launching, managing, updating and finding new virtual apps.
- Stronger, faster and more robust virtualization.
- Support for Windows 8.
- Integration with your Cameyo Online account.
- Public library of virtual apps.
- CameyoBox: take your apps with you.
- Cameyo Launcher: your virtual apps launcher.
- Virtual app integration: your apps look and feel as if they were installed.
- Multi language: French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Indonesian.
13 Jul 2011Version 1.7
- Native 64-bit virtualization
- Virtualization issues fixed
- New feature: package expiration date
- New feature: custom events
2 Mar 2011Version 1.6
- 600MB limit removed.
- Patching of virtual packages.
- Associations and shortcuts integration feature.
- Registry editing.
- Portability: Cameyo itself made portable.
- Ghost capture mode: ability to capture an
- Extended SDK APIs: new APIs including: creation of new package from scratch, registry modification.
- Packager.xml settings file, with list of files / dirs / keys to avoid, and default output dir for the packager.
- Realtime multi-process file sharing: support for several processes of the same virtual application modifying the same files at the same time (inter-process database mechanism).
- SxS bugs reported on forum, fixed.
- Stop inheritance feature: ability to exclude virtualization for special child processes.
- Custom actions: script execution upon virtual application loading, exit.
- Auto-cleanup upon application exit.
Note: 1.6 file format has been completely changed. Exceptionally, editing of packages built with previous versions is not supported.
15 Nov 2010Version 1.55
- Maintenance version: many virtualization issues fixed.
28 Sep 2010Version 1.5
- One-click application packaging: just install your software and Cameyo will package it. No questions asked!
- Shortcut menu when more than one startup application can be used.
- Improved UI, design. Several new options in the Package Editor.
- Sandbox is now activated by default.
- Possibility to configure where virtual applications store their data.
- Possibility to exclude files and folders during capture (Packager.ini).
- Packaging speed reduced (post-snapshot speed).
- Virtualization performance improved.
- Virtualization bugs fixed.
17 Aug 2010Version 1.4
- Isolation sandbox.
- Improved interface: launcher menu, new package editor.
1 Jun 2010Version 1.1
- Fixed several packaging and virtualization issues. Some applications could not be packaged because of side issues such as too long names, illegal names, etc.
- Now checking and gracefully failing when a .net package is opened on a system without .net framework (unsupported).